No. 4 was a direct relation to No.3 (Ultramarine Pyramids). I figured on doing 4 color schemes, but quickly came up with another idea for the series instead. This was supposed to be the polar opposite, however the name was going to be slightly different. Because I am colorblind, I am intensely critical of colors and their names. The previous painting, which is in cold colors, are all derivatives of Ultramarine Blue (PB29) mixed with various volumes of Titanium White (PW6). The Pyramid is set up in shade.
Cold Pyramid Make Up
- Bottom Triangle (PB29) = (ULTB)
- Right Triangle (Pb29 + PW6) = (LULTB)
- Left Triangle (Pb29 + [PW6 x2]) = (LUTLB+TIWHT)
- Top Triangle (PB29 + [PW6x3]) = (LUTLB+TIWHT2)
Because all of these are named from Ultramarine Blue, I could name the painting with the pigment in the title, however for this piece I couldn’t call it one name, because the make up consisted of MANY pigment codes that were not related to eachother.
Warm Pyramid Make Up
- Bottom Triangle (PR254) = (LPYR)
- Right Triangle (PO20) = (CPCADOR)
- Left Triangle (HR70/Py83) = (DIAY)
- Top Triangle (PY184) = (CADYL)